- System Center
Posts Tagged exchange
February last year (2011) Citrix announced that they had acquired the company called EMS Cortex. EMS Cortex makes a web based control panel that integrates into a lot of different Microsoft and Citrix products and easies the administration and provisioning of services within these products, which includes Exchange, SharePoint, Lync, Web hosting, SQL Server, DNS, RDS, MS CRM, Hyper-V and XenApp.
The EMS Cortex control panel is now part of the Citrix product suite and has been renamed to “Citrix Cloud Portal Service Manager”
The acquisition is a part of Citrix’s cloud strategy and the fact that they have seen a big potential in delivering software for the service providers out there. Since the acquisition I have been following with a great deal of curiosity how and when Citrix will make this a part of there product suite, because there are no doubt that all the Citrix CSP’s will benefit a lot from this acquisition if the price will be right.
Also it’s really exciting to see how Citrix will connect/integrate all there products together into one big cloud framework which now include the following products: Cloud Portal Service Manager, Cloud Gateway, Cloud Bridge, cloud.com (Cloud Stack/Open Stack), ShareFile (Follow me data).
Almost a year after the acquisition Citrix is finally ready with there first version of Cloud Portal Service manager, which properly don’t have that many new features but most of all is just a rebranded version of EMS Cortex control panel, but this most likely change in the future and we will properly see integrations coming this year to more Citrix products and new Microsoft products.
With this new release Citrix has published 13 videos which explains how to deploy and configure Cloud Portal Service Manager, they are all available at CitrixTV and I have listed them here:
- Deploying CloudPortal Services Manager platform components
- Deploying the Report Mailer role for CloudPortal Services Manager
- Deploying the Reporting Role and Service for CloudPortal Services Manager
- Deploying the Virtual Machine Service for Microsoft Hyper-V using CloudPortal Services Manager
- Deploying the Windows Web Hosting Service for IIS7 using CloudPortal Services Manager
- Deploying the Lync Enterprise Service for CloudPortal Services Manager
- Deploying the Citrix Service for XenApp 6 using CloudPortal Services Manager
- Deploying MySQL using CloudPortal Services Manager
- Deploying the Hosted Exchange Service for Microsoft Exchange 2010 using CloudPortal Services Manager
- Deploying the Hosted Exchange Multi-Tenant Service for Microsoft Exchange 2010 SP1 Hosting Edition using CloudPortal Services Manager
- Deploying SharePoint 2010 using CloudPortal Services Manager
- Deploying BlackBerry 4 using CloudPortal Services Manager
- Deploying BlackBerry 5 using CloudPortal Services Manager
With inspiration from Henrik Walther’s Exhange blog post here is a list of the all the Office 365 related sessions from TechEd NA 2011. I have not seen them all, but I will try get though the most of them the next couple of weeks
- Identity & Access and Cloud: Better Together
- What Do Existing BPOS Customers Need to Do to Prepare for Microsoft Office 365?
- Microsoft Office 365: Deployment Overview
- Microsoft Office 365: Identity and Access Solutions
- Microsoft Office 365: Directory Synchronization
- Microsoft Office 365: The Future of Productivity
- Using Active Directory with Microsoft Office 365
- Developing Microsoft Office Business Solutions That Span the PC,Windows Phone and the Web
- Architecting Microsoft Office for Physical,Virtual and Cloud Deployments
- The Taming of the Clouds: Integrating SaaS with Your On-Premise Environment
- Microsoft Forefront Online Protection for Exchange and Microsoft Office 365: Better Together!
- Taking Office to the Cloud: Integrating Microsoft Office 2010 and Windows Azure
- Microsoft Lync 2010: In the Cloud
- Microsoft Lync 2010: Audio, Video and Web Conferencing Architecture and Experience
- Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Office 365: How to Set Up a Hybrid Deployment
- Microsoft Exchange Online in Microsoft Office 365: Migration Case Study
- Microsoft Exchange Online in Microsoft Office 365: Simple Migration Live!
- Microsoft Exchange Online: Unified Messaging in Microsoft Office 365
- Top 10 Insights on Development of Microsoft Exchange Server and Microsoft Lync Server 2010 against Microsoft Office 365
- Exploring the Office Developer Story in Microsoft Office 365
- Security and Compliance on the Microsoft Business Productivity Online Standard Suite and Microsoft Office 365 Platforms
- Deploying Microsoft Office Professional Plus Subscription
- From Servers to Services: On-Premise and in the Cloud
- Windows Phone: What’s New?
- Windows Phone Productivity Scenarios with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 and Microsoft Office 365
- Microsoft SharePoint Online Overview